Sunday, May 15, 2011

Club Dranx

Both of my roommates are out of town and I'm scared to sleep, so I'm gonna write about my classiest move as a twenty-one year old yet.  Tonight, my friend and I went to a show at the Whisky. We  didn't want to pay for over-priced beers inside the venue,  but we were uneasy about drinking in a parking lot in Hollywood. It's really cool to get busted for underage drinking, but really embarrassing to get busted drinking in a parking lot when you're of legal age to drink. Not to mention my drunk ass has to be at work in the morning. So we took the mature, classy and womanly route.

Alex told me about Club drinks. These little cans of drinks you would get at a bar. They come in bright colored cans and you can get canned Long Island Iced Teas, Pina Coladas, Mudslides and "Vodka Martini." The Long Island was the most potent so we each got one of those and then I got a canned Pina Colada for later. Did I mention they were $2.75 a piece?

I felt a mix of emotions when we went back to the car to drink our canned drinks. I felt scared because how am I gonna explain to my boss that I may not make it into work because I got caught drinking a canned Long Island Iced Tea? I felt stingy as hell, because I didn't want to spend $10 on a beer. But the more I drank, the more I felt like a financially savvy woman. For less than the price of one beer, I got a Long Island, a Pina Colada and a good buzz that lasted most of the night. And it came in a discreet can that you could totally fit inside a pocket of your purse in case you're ever in a situation where you might need a Club drink. Family gatherings, meetings, babysitting. Whatever.

So, I'd like to thank Alex, my friend, for introducing me to my new companion, Club drinks. I want to spread the world to all my alcoholic friends on a budget. All the buzz, a fraction of the price, no tact. That should be the company's slogan. Maybe I'll write them a letter, or something.



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment